• I apologize for the silence on the blog over the past few weeks. Sadly my sister in law lost her battle with cancer so my time spent at the computer was at a minimum. I appreciate everyone’s kind words, thoughts and understanding during this time, it has meant so much to me. Things are finally back to “normal” now so I’m playing catch up!
• As I mentioned in their Rehearsal post, this wedding has been a long time coming. I’ve been looking forward to capturing this day for quite some time! The day was PERFECT and I am so glad that I was able to be a part of it.
• I’ve been going to the Outer Banks since 1986 and I have never seen the 4×4 area’s beach as much of a mess as it was when we were there. High tides + a drought made for some really awful beaches to drive on. We made it though but we’re still waiting for something to fall off of our car from the ordeal!!
• Since I got married in the Outer Banks I don’t typically get to work with my wedding vendors so it was a real treat to be able to work with my florist and salon again! I am envious of those that work where they got married that get to do this on a frequent basis. In case anyone’s reading… I love the Outer Banks and will travel to shoot! Just thought I’d put that out there!
• The weather was a tinge on the cool side and breezy so the outdoor dinner was moved inside and in the end I’m kind of glad it was so that they had two different looks for their wedding (rehearsal and wedding day). It worked out!
Catering: Chef Franko with At Your Service
Event Home: The Hemingway at Twiddy
Florist: Renee Landry Style
Officiant: Rev. Shirley Anne with Carolina Wedding Co.
Rentals: Ocean Atlantic
Salon: Eden Day Spa
I loved all of Christi’s curls!
This pretty much summarizes why my wedding florist is flat out awesome. Isn’t this the most splendid ring bearer “pillow” you have ever feasted your eyes on? Renee Landry, you are seriously fantastic!!
The only thing that tops the starfish is his hair! LOVE!
Christi’s laugh is infectious!
Eric patiently waiting to get things going! He never was a bit nervous!
I love, love, loved the colors for this wedding. They really popped against the beach!
These guys were so darn cute. I love Lana’s flower girl bucket, such a great idea!
Christ’s Mom escorted her down the aisle. *happy sigh*
Instead of the traditional “rows” Christi and Eric decided to have everyone form a circle instead which I thought was a great idea!
The ring exchange is always so beautiful!
From the moment I captured this image I fell in love with it.
They took a small private stroll after the ceremony to have a moment to themselves. The deep ruts in the sand though made it a bit tricky!
The night everyone arrived Bruce (bent forward) made the mistake of drinking in the hot tub. When he got out he was disoriented and fell down cutting his scalp. Everyone was really worried about him but he luckily was OK save for some lost pride and a cut on his head. Since he was OK, everyone felt free to rib on him for the rest of the week for his misstep.
I also have to toss in here that I adore when family is the bridal party and Eric’s Dad and Uncle were his fellow groomsman. LOVE.
Eric’s Dad gave a really lovely toast prior to the meal.
En route to the beach after dinner for some more portraits we had a herd of horses run by us! It was fantastic and just so wonderful to watch. I could watch these guys play all day!
I have a similar wedding image from my own wedding and I’m so happy that I was able to recreate it for Christi and Eric.
I really like tidal pools!
While I was capturing this image…
… my husband was capturing this image incorporating the surfers into the image. I love each of these images equally and couldn’t decide which to blog so you got both!
I love that there are two birds in the upper left mimicking the lovebirds.
This image makes me laugh every time I see it. I went a bit into the water (despite it being QUITE chilly!) to get an image of them with the water in front of them. As my luck runs, a rogue wave came in that was much larger than the ones prior to it and water went from my ankles to my thighs and Christ and Eric got nailed. I felt terrible but they were good sports… and this image makes me giggle!
I just loved Christ’s bouquet by Renee Landry! SO pretty!
The Hemingway had a ton of books bound in leather and I just HAD to play with the rings with them!
I just adore Christi’s ring and have since I first laid eyes on it, the yellow diamond is so stunning!
- Walt Disney World Wedding with Kristen and Michael - May 6, 2021
- The Tanglewood Club wedding with Allyssa and Christopher - May 3, 2021
- Sapphire Creek Winery Wedding with Jessica and Philipp - April 22, 2021