I’ve been so inspired by seeing Emilie Duncan’s 101 in 1001 list that I decided to do my own! I’m making this a page break so you don’t have to be bothered with the non-picture goodness unless you want to be 😉
101 Things in 1001 Days
Official start date: January 1, 2011
Official end date: September 28, 2013
Official progress report: 34 completed, 0 in progress, 67 things to go.
I will come back as I make progress and italicize things in progress and mark off what I have completed as I go along. Again, this is totally inspired by the awesome Emilie 🙂
- Loose 25 pounds.
- Complete the couch to 5K program.
- Join a gym (and actually go more than 3 times).
- Get allergy test done to find out what I’m allergic to.
- Have a 1 year emergency fund.
- Send thank you cards immediately upon receipt of gifts.
- Learn how to sew on a sewing machine.
- Do my makeup every day for a week.
Don’t wear my hair in a ponytail for a week.
- Complete the New York Times crossword puzzle.
- Write in my journal every day for a month.
- Take a vitamin every day for a month.
- Have a baby.
- Give family members copies of pictures of loved ones and themselves.
Offer baby sitting services to my Sister in Law and insist she use it. Offer to clean my Sister in Law’s house during her chemo. Make at least 5 dinners during my Sister in Law’s chemo.
- Every year, take a family photo of each of my in law families.
- Mail all birthday gifts (and cards!) on time.
Make concrete plans to visit at least 5 friends from out of state (5/5). Meet Diana when she is in the country this summer.
- Send 5 unexpected pick-me-ups to friends when they need them (3/5).
- Send 5 random handwritten cards to friends to say hi (0/5).
- Organize all old pictures, put into albums chronologically (or to the best of my judgement).
- Send slides to be turned into digital files.
- Send 8MM film to be digitalized.
Purge items in the basement. Organize office.
- Go one month with a “company ready” Living Room/Kitchen/Dining Room/Bathroom.
- Go to Ireland.
- Travel to a country I have never been to before.
- Go back to Hawaii.
Go back to PEI.Went back in October 2012.
- Take Chris to Niagara Falls.
Visit Gianina again and see more covered bridges!
- Visit Charleston, SC.
- See all of the plantations on River Road.
Visit 3 states that I haven’t been to yet (3/3). (Vermont, Rhode Island, Texas)
- Go to Mackinac Island.
Buy an ornament from every destination I go to, near or far. Review 10 places I visited during travel on Trip Advisor (10/10).
- Add 3 stamps to my passport (1/3).
Read 150 books a year (150/150).Completed in 2012!
- Read the biography or autobiography of 5 people I like and 5 people I dislike (0/10).
Read a book based on its cover. Read a book based on its title.
- Join a bookclub.
- Watch 10 of the movies from the IMDB Top 250 movies of all time list that I have never seen (0/10).
- Watch all of the Oscar Nominated films before the Academy Awards (0/5… although I think they changed the #)
- See a Broadway play.
- See James Taylor in concert.
Discover a new show.Hello Deadliest Catch and Downton Abbey!
- Take dancing lessons.
- See a movie being filmed.
- Complete a 365 challenge (1/365).
- Complete a “Life in the Day” of project.
- Read 10 photography related books (0/10).
- Make albums of all past trips/years (personal).
- Write 1 PLC post per month.
Mentor someone who I believe in. Print and hang my favorite images in my office.
- Make 5 sample albums (2/5).
Get a new blog. Place in a photo competition. Get an image published in a magazine.Cigar Aficionado, The Knot, Carpenter Magazine, Practice Link Have a real wedding published in a magazine.The Knot, Spring/Summer 2012 Have a real wedding posted online in a wedding blog.Jon & Alyssa, Style Me Pretty
- Film and post a promo video for my website/business.
- Shoot a wedding at a plantation.
Put up a sample full wedding on my website.
- Blog every day for an entire month.
- Attend a One Light Workshop.
Get new headshots.I hate myself in all of them but I did have them done. Make 2 emergency kits for weddings – one for me, one for brides (2/2).
- Leave 20 comments on blogs that I’ve never been to before (10/20).
Leave 20 comments on blogs I’ve been to before (20/20).
Pay for the person behind me at the drive-thru.Did this every day for a week in December 2012
- Pay for the person behind me at a fixed rate toll booth.
- Send a care package to a soldier in Iraq.
- Send flowers to someone in the hospital who is alone and doesn’t have any visitors.
Leave a 100% tip for excellent service in a restaurant.Did this in December 2012.
- Donate blood.
Compliment 10 completely random strangers (10/10).
- Become a Big Sister.
Food & Drink
Have a bar stocked with all the necessary things to make most drinks incl mixers.
- Find a signature dish.
- Find a signature cocktail.
- Find a signature dessert.
- Find a go-to potlock dish.
- Cook Chris dinner for 7 nights in a row.
- Take dinner to my MIL 3 times (0/3).
- Find a nice wine that I really like.
- Cook something from a Julia Child cookbook.
- Try a food that I would never try before.
- Go to a wine tasting and learn what to look for when drinking wine.
Host a dinner party.Christmas Eve, 2012
- Host a cocktail party.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day for a week (0/7).
- Make my own cookbook of recipes I go to often.
Review 10 things that I bought online honestly (10/10).Ha, one of those turned into a debacle… FYI don’t read Emily Giffin.
- Make a new 101 in 1001 list.
- Walt Disney World Wedding with Kristen and Michael - May 6, 2021
- The Tanglewood Club wedding with Allyssa and Christopher - May 3, 2021
- Sapphire Creek Winery Wedding with Jessica and Philipp - April 22, 2021