Ogunquit, Maine

After a delightful stay in Nantucket and Gloucester I finished off my annual trip to New England with a couple nights in Ogunquit.  I returned to The Sparhawk Oceanfront Resort after enjoying my stay so much last year with Jill.  I was super bummed to have missed Ogunquitfest this year (hoping to make it in 2018!).  There were still a few scarecrow setups though but most were taken down or destroyed by the storms that had rolled through.

If you’re tuning in part way through my trip, at this point in my travels I had come down with the flu.  I had skipped a few “things to see” on my list to get to my room a bit early because I was so sick.  I got checked into my ocean view room, opened the window so I could hear the ocean (and rain!) and took a nap.  It was amazing!

I spent the rest of the afternoon watching The Ruins movie after I finished the book (boy, that movie was NOT as good as the book).  By evening I felt a LOT better so I went back to La Pizzeria for dinner (the service was amazing) and called it an early night.

The next day there was actually a gale warning – the weather was definitely nautical.  Winds were whipping, rain was pouring and it was just a miserable day.  It seems to be the trend for the last day of my trip – I’ve had a few of these storms blow in just as I’m leaving!  Luckily we were just warm enough that we avoided the snow that had hit more inland but it was still pretty miserable.

 I felt a lot better so after the rain let up a bit I headed out to Nubble Lighthouse because I love this lighthouse!  It was fun to photograph it when the waves were going crazy.

After nubble I headed over to a nearby spot I had seen on the Down East Magazine Facebook Page, Wiggly Bridge, almost a year before.  I had pinned it on my to-see board and when I arrived I couldn’t get over how absolutely adorable this little spot was.  I took a ton of photos and had the park to myself.  I wandered around for a bit before the rain really started to get heavy and ran back to my car before the skies completely unleashed.

I stopped for lunch at Wild Willy’s Burgers which I had tried to hit up a few times before but their hours are SO weird I kept missing out on them.  I’m glad to have finally been able to hit it at the right time because the reviews are right, this place does have amazing burgers!  SO good!

The rain kept getting harder and harder so I ended up going back to the room and reading a bit before meeting up with Gianina for dinner.  We ended up going to The Front Porch Piano Bar and Restaurant since it was close and it seemed cozy.  It was the perfect choice and the food was amazing!  It was also nice to catch up with a friend (and past client) before heading back home.  Solo trips are fun but it’s also nice to have a human to talk to every now and again as well LOL!

On my final morning I was lucky enough to wake up to the most beautiful sunrise!  I kept missing them all week due to being sick and I am SO glad that I was able to see one before returning home.


Facebook comments: