• It’s crazy how small of a world it can be sometimes! I got the referral from Heidi as Laura was her college roommate and Laura had been to Heidi’s wedding and loved the images from it (aww). The day of the wedding, the flower girl walks in and behind her is a friend of mine from school! I hadn’t talked to her much since we all went our separate ways to college but it was pretty shocking to see her there. I come to find out that she’s the groom’s sister! While I didn’t spend a lot of time with Jordan when he was a kid, I do remember him creating quite a fuss at Tara’s graduation party. Hilarious how it all works out sometimes!
• The priest at the church by far was one of the kindest I’ve ever met. He offered me water when we were waiting for all of the family to come back for formals! I was floored! That was so kind!
• I have to address the weather this day. WOW. It was really hot and humid which is to be expected here in June. I was hoping for it to hold out though because I knew that pictures outside were important to the couple. Ohio weather rarely goes with the flow though and in between the ceremony and reception locations we not only had a thunderstorm but a tornado warning as well. They were completely game for going out in the rain but I did draw a line at taking them out in that kind of weather. We did some quick pictures under the awning and ran back out between thunder cells later in the evening. Thank you iPhone!
• Laura and her Dad’s dance was to ‘Landslide’ by Fleetwood Mac. In 4 years of shooting, I’ve never had that song for the father/daughter dance. Ironically it was MY dance with my Dad at my first wedding. It was his first concert and he loved them. I got a bit teary eyed but was able to shoot through it. Despite the heartstrings it did pull, I fully approve of that song being the father/daughter dance!!
• They had one of the most amazing cookie buffets I’ve ever seen. I may have taken a box full home with me. I may have shamelessly ate many of those in the wee hours of the morning. Yum! I don’t know who made them but I may have to start finding my way to their doorstep every now and again for a cookie fix!!!
Bridal Gown: David’s Bridal
Cake Artist/Catering: AA Executive Catering
DJ/Videography: Beach Boyz Entertainment
Florist: Easterdays Flower & Gift Shop
Hair: JLS Hair Studio
Makeup: The Hair Shoppe and Spa
Transportation: Best Five Star Limousine
I’m starting with the shoes because I ADORED Laura’s shoes sooooo much! She had them custom dyed to match her ladies dresses! SO darn cute!
Laura is not a bride that wants to be waited on, she was bustling around all morning helping her ladies get ready and even curling their hair!
While I was sequestered with the girls my husband was with the guys in their room.
Laura’s ring was out so I decided to get a shot of it while we were waiting because I loved the reflection on the table.
Very few flower girls can resist the pull of a floor length mirror! Lily was spinning and spinning in front of it and fell down and I loved her giggle afterwards!
Laura is adjusting the final details of her amaaaaaazing gown here.
Laura and Jordan reciting their vows.
Chris got this fantastic shot of the first kiss from the balcony.
We had a teeny tiny break in the rain while we were still at the church (thanks again iPhone!) and so we made use of the memorial gardens they had on site for those brief 5 minutes.
I loved the whole look of this bridal party! The dresses! The colors! The flowers! AH!
Luckily I chose the girls to go first as it juuust started to rain at this point.
This was done under the awning at North Canton Civic Center. Guests were filtering by us but it was this or nothing outside – at least at this poing. I try to work with what I have first and if something works out later great!
Same area but to the right of the picture above. I should have taken an image of this whole scene, you wouldn’t know that there was a decent crowd around me, rain pouring everywhere that was not covered and utter chaos going on would you?
Right after they finished their dinner the weather had a small break so I asked them if they wanted to go outside for a few more pictures, luckily they were game!
I love the way these two interact!
The DJ had these crazy lights set up around the room so I decided to play with their rings on one, love the result!
*sniff* such a sweet moment between Laura and her Dad.
I love love love Jordan’s Mom for this image!
Sometimes Heidi DOES just enjoy a wedding!!! Isn’t her dress ADORABLE?!
Poor Lily had way too much fun and passed out before the reception was over. So precious!
Thank you Laura & Jordan for having me as your photographer!!!!!
- Walt Disney World Wedding with Kristen and Michael - May 6, 2021
- The Tanglewood Club wedding with Allyssa and Christopher - May 3, 2021
- Sapphire Creek Winery Wedding with Jessica and Philipp - April 22, 2021