• You may remember this delightful couple from their engagement session last spring in downtown Cleveland. It was such a fun day and I have been looking forward to this wedding for a while.
• Nothing makes me happier (ok maybe cupcakes…) than having a wedding where all of the vendors are awesome and work well together. This wedding was a perfect example of awesome wedding vendors. Of course I’m going to say that Heidi of Heidzillas was awesome pants since she is a past bride and all but even my so-called competition rad (who did the videography) was well, rad. From the makeup artist, Jason Kelly (seriously, you are missing out if he doesn’t do your wedding day makeup, he’s so fab) to the awesome sounds from Jeff of Rock the House to the seriously awesome waiter at Shaker Heights that gave me a glass of champagne (and boy, was it amazing) everyone was ahh-ma-zing. Seriously. The wedding day was bubbly and happy because of truly awesome and talented people that I was so honored to work with.
• One thing that is always the same about Ohio is that the weather never is. It’s so crazy how unpredictable the weather is here. Sadly their wedding day was pretty crummy with the weather. It was raining for most of the day and pretty cold – about 45º was the warmest it got for October 1st. Oddly enough the same weather was had for the year before for Lauren & Matt’s wedding, while it didn’t rain, Jennifer and Todd had pretty cool weather, and even the year before THAT for Rachael & Joe had similar cool rainy-ish weather. I think historically the first weekend in October stinks. It’s interesting to see patterns like that now that I’ve been doing this for a while.
• This wedding entrance was by far the best and most awesome that I’ve ever seen. First they started off with this amazing video from Rad – you have to go here to watch it. The backstory is that the couple both work for Quicken Loans and that’s how they met. So of course the Cavs are near and dear to their heart. So they took a bit of inspiration from that and made a video that plays off of the players videos. Then the announcer started announcing… but it wasn’t the DJ Jeff announcing. They topped the video with bringing in the Cleveland Cavalier’s announcer Ahmaad Crump! How awesome sauce is that?! Then as everyone was announced they had a fog machine going. So cool.
Announcer: Ahmaad Crump
Cake: Wild Flour Bakery
Ceremony: St. Anslem
DJ/Lighting: Jeff with Rock the House
Florist: Blooms by Plantscaping
Hair: Megan Anders
Linen Rental: L’Nique
Makeup: J Kelly Face Art
Reception/Catering: Shaker Heights Country Club
Transportation: Mr A1 Limo
Wedding Planner: Heidzillas
I started the day off at the Hilton in Beachwood with Marshall. As it usually is with the guys, it was very chill and relaxed and there is ALWAYS one snafu with the suit/tux rentals. Don’t worry though, Heidi to the rescue! 😉
After the guys were all set I went down to see the girls and as I usually find with the girls, it was a bit more chaotic. However we were able to get Colleen dressed in her best and this is her reaction at seeing herself in the mirror for the first time as a bride. Awww!
Marshall’s Dad gave him such a heartfelt hug when he saw him at the church.
I love this moment of Marshall hugging Colleen’s Mom at the altar.
St. Anslem has a really gorgeous sanctuary and the light is so lovely here!
One thing that keeps me on my toes at Catholic ceremonies is the first kiss. You never quite know when they are going to toss it in! Here it was in the middle of the ceremony… sometimes it’s at the end. Sometimes it’s not there at all.
It was a fantastic bubble day
Since the weather outside was a bit miserable, we went inside for most of the pictures at John Carroll University. I really loved the cohesive look of the entire bridal party together.
I love this one so much. I also love that in lieu of boutonnieres, the guys had hankies – and Marshall’s was a fancy one.
Another one I love!
This is why I rave about Jason Kelly so much. He really knows how to make my gorgeous brides eyes pop!
Continuing with the theme of Champagne Bubbles (FYI it was also a hashtag on twitter and all of us vendors on twitter made a lot of use out of #champagnebubbles!) was the escort cards. Aren’t they awesome?
One of the many gorgeous centerpieces by Blooms. Love.
Ahmaad Crump announcing the bridal party.
This was my husband’s view of the entrance. We were stationed at two different areas due to all the craziness going on! I LOVE this photo so much!
This is my view of almost the same moment, which I also love!
Although the crowd was cheering for messy they went for the neat approach to the cake.
I don’t know what Colleen was giving the thumbs up to but it was cute – I think it was to shopping in NYC?
LOVE this image so much. Their entire first dance was just picture perfect!
My husband got this super cute image of Colleen dancing while her girls giggled and cheered her on.
Since there was an abundance of wine corks I knew I had to play with them with the rings. Isn’t Colleens engagement ring STUNNING?!?!
Thank you both so much for hiring me! It was such a pleasure to work with you both!
- The Wedding Chapel of Ohio Wedding with Sylena and Steven - May 14, 2022
- Gervasi Vineyard Conservatory Wedding with Christine and Justin - May 12, 2022
- Autumn Gervasi Vineyard Wedding with Khloye and Patrick - March 31, 2022