• This was my last wedding of 2011!
• This couple was referred to me in two ways, one through Megan’s classmate Erin and through Robert’s classmate Larry. I always love when I get a referral that comes from two opposite ends of the spectrum! It’s kind of like the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon game but WAY cooler.
• The weather was amazing for having a wedding in December in Ohio. My last wedding in December in Ohio had a beautiful start but the weather turned nasty quickly and the roads were terrible. I’m glad that this year brought us 45º and sunshine! Made travel MUCH easier between venues for not only myself but the guests as well.
• I love, love, loved Megan’s bouquet – PEONIES IN DECEMBER! I must confess, I did a few sniffs because I adore the scent. So beautiful and unexpected for a winter wedding.
• Between the ceremony and reception Robert and Megan decided to go wind down with their bridal party at a family friend’s bar, The Public House. They had a great time and I had fun taking pictures of them just chilling out with their friends.
• Special thanks to Andrew Jordan for being my amazing second shooter for the day.
Andrew got this image of Robert while I was with the girls getting ready.
LOVED the hanger that Megan had for her dress!
May be one of my favorite dress dive pictures I’ve taken.
Megan was laughing while her bridesmaid went to task getting her all zipped into her gown. I LOVE when I have bridesmaids that work at bridal stores!
Isn’t St Ignatius gorgeous?
I kept trying to find a perfect time to get this reflection shot and am happy with the way this turned out.
Smiling before doing their shots!
Due to the quickly fading light we ended up working indoors for most of their portraits, love the way this turned out!
This made me laugh a lot when I saw it during editing!
Megan’s smile is so awesome.
These girls did a lot of giggling the day of the wedding.
Andrew captured this image of the guys prior to the reception.
Andrew also captured this perfect image of La Centre before we went inside.
Andrew captured this awesome image of the cake from Wild Flour while I zoomed around taking pictures of the centerpieces and family portraits.
I loved all of the purple details with the silver accents, the personalized table numbers were also a fun touch.
I must confess, I took one of the champagne gumdrops from their candy and cookie buffet after photographing these details and it was AMAZING. I don’t know where they are from but I intend to find and eat these again someday!
Gotta have at least one fun ring shot!
Maid of Honor toasts always bring at least one tear.
Best Men never fail to make at least a few people laugh!
They played mostly nice for the cake cutting.
Love this image Andrew captured of Robert twirling Megan at the end of their first dance.
Can you guess what song is playing? If you guessed Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas is You” you get a gold star!
The dance floor was packed all night thanks to Troy Entertainment and there were lots of fun moments like this before (and I’m certain after) I left!
Congratulations to you both!!!! Thank you so much for hiring me! 🙂