• Rebecca and Rick came to me from two different sources, Rebecca knows Jessica and Larry and has been following me since their wedding and Rick works with Colleen and Marshall. So fun when I get referred by not one but TWO clients!
• You may remember their engagement session from last fall which took me on the scariest ferry ride EVER to Kelly’s Island. Luckily the weather for their wedding was MUCH better and while it was a bit warm it was otherwise a perfect day, no crazy winds or rain!
• Rebecca may have one of my favorite dresses ever. I LOVE that she opted to go against the grain a tinge and go for a beige dress instead of the traditional white or ivory. It looked amazing on her and it was a sight to behold. Such a gorgeous dress!
• This is the SECOND wedding of mine that Slider has been a part of. What’s even funnier is that the last time I also had my friend and second shooter Thomas along for the wedding.
• I have to also give a shout out to this bridal party. Large bridal parties are often a bit intimidating because a vast array of things can go wrong – especially once the drinking starts! Ha! This gang though was awesome and went along with anything I threw at them and trusted me. It makes everything a million times more wonderful and you guys were fun on top of it all! THANK YOU!
• I love when my couples do something unique that I haven’t seen before – after 150 weddings I’ve seen a LOT! They found out what songs all of the couples in attendance used for their first dance and those songs became their dinner music! How neat is that?!
Beauty: Z Beauty
Bridal Gown: Maggie Sottero via Brides World
Cake Artist: Wild Flour Bakery
Ceremony: Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist
DJ: The DJ Crew
Florist: Creations by Lynn
Menswear: Tuxedo Junction
Popcorn Table: Metropolis Popcorn, Campbell’s Popcorn
Photo Booth: Red Eye Photo Booths
Reception: Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center
Transportation: Cutting Edge Limousine
Videographer: Picket Fence Pictures
Kate Spade has been a popular choice this summer and I heartily approve!
I love that Rick is licking his lips!!!
Ribbon wands have been super popular this year for the exit from the ceremony and I love them!
While the sun was crazy bright these guys toughed it out for one shot with the Cleveland skyline behind them.
Rebecca and her friend stumbled across this bridge during her Bachelorette party and they decided that we HAD to go here the day of her wedding. The next day I blogged Cassie & Jeff’s wedding where we went here! Great minds think alike! Sadly the leaves have died with the drought but it’s still a fun spot!
We made a quick trip on East 4th for some portraits, we opted not to bring the crew due to so many wedding portrait sessions taking place at the same time.
Before heading into the Marriott at Key Center we took a few more portraits in front of the Fountain of Eternal Life.
Slider was running a bit behind schedule so much of the cocktail hour we were waiting with bated breath for him to appear as he was a surprise for Rick, whom is a huge Indians fan. When he finally appeared it was worth it as Rick was thoroughly surprised and kept laughing.
Slider even dressed up for the occasion!
I love, love, loved the “table numbers” which were different destinations that Rick and Rebecca had visited together and the story behind it. I love how they told the story and didn’t just have the destination name – it made it so much more personal!
This year there’s also been a lot more bridal party dances that are fun and fast rather than the stand-and-sway-with-your-partner kind. LOVE!
The cake was good!
While everyone was finishing up their meals, we popped back out to the fountain for a few more portraits. This is what I was capturing while…
…Thomas set this amazing shot up!
Another view of what I was doing while Thomas was working his magic!
The first dance was super sweet and lovely. They ended up choosing to use their grandparents song for their first dance instead of using something new. I love this and hope the tradition continues down the line!
Jessie and Larry are still ridiculously adorable and in love! I love catching up with old clients!!
Thank you Rick and Rebecca for having me along for your magical day! It was a perfect day!
- Ariel International Center Wedding with Annemarie and Ryan - May 9, 2023
- Brookside Farm Wedding with Brooke and Meghan - April 20, 2023
- Landoll’s Mohican Castle Wedding with Jeannette and Shawn - April 19, 2023
[…] had such a great day with Rebecca and Rick. I had been looking forward to their wedding ever since our adventurous engagement session and I […]
Do you mind my asking where they were standing to get that great pic of the skyline behind them?