• This is the time of the year where I apologize profusely for being behind in blogging. I’m about two months behind due to a crazy schedule and as always, my clients come before blogging. So while it may appear I’m backed up, I’m still on time for editing but blogging takes a backseat. If you want to stay up to date on the weddings I’m working on, be a fan on Facebook and you’ll always be able to see my latest work (and expanded galleries!). You can also tag yourself and friends which is always fun!
• All summer I had been pretty lucky with rain. Either it was barely sprinkling or we were able to work around the rain we got. Crystal and Brant weren’t so lucky and it poured for most of the day, moving their outdoor ceremony inside. They almost had to move the reception in from the tent but Crystal fought for that to stick and it ended up working out perfectly.
• I loved how their bridal party incorporated so many family members – a trend this year that I absolutely LOVE. Brant’s son was his best man and his Dad was also part of the groomsman. Crystal’s sister was her Maid of Honor. It makes a special day that much more special.
• I am in LOVE with the details from this day. The colors were the perfect bright spot of an otherwise gloomy day. They were so fun and cheerful! Seriously LOVED!
• Crystal was a dream bride to work with, she never got stressed or fussed about anything despite the rain. She also was game for going outside to do some pictures even though it was raining.
Sometimes in hotel rooms I have to get tricky to get a shot of the gown. The lighting in hotel rooms is notoriously awful and with the rain we didn’t have a lot of sunlight streaming in. I made it work though as I LOVED the mirror in the room.
I love when bridesmaids jump in and help the bride! Here is one putting earrings in and another helping with the bracelet while Crystal just focuses on being gorgeous.
The ceremony was moved inside but it was still a gorgeous location to get married.
While Crystal and Brant greeted guests, I zoomed downstairs to get pictures of the ballroom before things got fussed with by guests. I LOVED the cake!!! It matched their invitations perfectly and was just so fun and pretty. I didn’t get a chance to nab a slice but I heard rumors that it was divine!
One of the most creative escort cards I have ever seen, pinwheels!
How adorable are these centerpieces??
You would never guess that it was raining outside of this tent! Again, I love the pops of color!
While the guests found their way to their seats downstairs, I nabbed the newlyweds for some quick portraits outside.
Easily my favorite, probably because I was a bit obsessed with Crystal’s earrings!
They are so cute together!
Cutting the yummy cake!
Crystal’s sister/Maid of Honor gives an impromptu speech that was absolutely perfect.
I adored how Brant’s ring had etched detailing on it and you all know how much I love peonies! Win!
First dance 🙂
This is by far my favorite father/daughter dance shot of the year. I immediately put it up on my slideshow on my website. It may not be there now – I’m getting a new one – but it’ll be back! LOVE! Sniff! 🙂
Thanks to you both for hiring me. I had a lovely day playing with you two and I hope that you enjoyed your day!
Latest posts by Corey Ann (see all)
- Family Portrait Session / Maternity Session at Cuyahoga Falls National Park - November 17, 2019
- Green Ohio Family Mini Session in a Field - October 15, 2019
- Hyatt Arcade Wedding in November with Ashley and Brett - September 26, 2019