• I met up with Colleen and Marshall and their wedding coordinator/past client Heidi and the day of the meeting they not only booked me but also set up the day (within the month) that they wanted to do their engagement shoot. I love it when clients are so on the ball with things!!
• We were so worried that weather was going to create a problem the day of the shoot but it actually ended up being perfect – you just never know what you are going to end with in Ohio, especially after the winter we’ve had (it’s not spring here yet!). It may not have been a balmy day but it also wasn’t sub zero or raining!
• After deliberating a bit we ended up doing a random stroll of downtown Cleveland with a similar path of meandering to Sarah and Zack. The big difference was due to the cold no hecklers were out on East 4th Street, whew!
• These guys were so fun to play with and were game for anything I tossed their way. Not a single complaint about the length of the session or the temperatures to boot! Can’t wait until their October wedding!
• Marshall was really hesitant about the use of the umbrella during the shoot. Colleen had purchased it in case the rain did fall but it didn’t but by the point of the day that we figured out it wasn’t raining she was really digging the idea of the umbrella so we ran with it and used it in a few shots. I always love it when pics that people think are going to be weird or odd they end up being fantastic – much like the umbrella shots.
I stopped at this spot with Tracy + Dan a couple years ago and I still love it. It probably has something to do with the fact that I’m a bit obsessed with multi-colored lights. No clear here!
We popped into The Arcade for a quick warm up and a few quick images before braving the wind again.
I really love the lights on the steps at The Arcade!
This brick wall is one of my favorites downtown due to the awesome textures.
I love this shot so much even if Marshall had a crazy coat collar!
My favorite image from the day, this was not scripted – Colleen did this all on her own. Awww right?
You know the “Mom Shot” was coming right? Just because the image is more traditional doesn’t mean I don’t love it!
Nothing says love like a fist bump right? 😉
I don’t know why but I absolutely freaking love this shot. I think it’s because it’s definitely not the ‘norm’ and there are all kinds of leading lines. Photographer geek moment, forgive me!
Another image of similar ideas but I can’t choose between the two so you get both!
I like this better than that dude that played basketball’s sign!
The umbrella! Isn’t it perfect??
- Walt Disney World Wedding with Kristen and Michael - May 6, 2021
- The Tanglewood Club wedding with Allyssa and Christopher - May 3, 2021
- Sapphire Creek Winery Wedding with Jessica and Philipp - April 22, 2021